Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

You may have noticed I've been MIA from blogging for a few weeks.  That's because my husband Jacob was visiting me in South Africa!  I celebrated Christmas by spending an awesome 2 weeks with my very favorite person in the whole world!  Recap with lots of pictures coming soon :)

In the meantime, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year.  I hope that wherever you are when 2013 draws to a close, you are able to look back on this past year and realize that you have probably made someone's life better just by being you.  If you're reading my blog, then chances are you know me, and have made a difference in my life!  I'm not really into resolutions (although I often make them, I tend to not take them very seriously).  So instead of making a resolution to lose 5 pounds or keep the apartment clean or give up chocolate, let's instead take the opportunity a new year gives us as a chance to be more firmly committed to loving the people around us, whatever form that may take.  

I hope everyone reading this had as great a Christmas as I did, as mine was filled with love and time spent with the person who knows me best.  Happy New Year from the bottom of Africa, where it is 85 degrees and sunny on New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment