Monday, August 4, 2014

Gonna take some time

Here are some photos of an awesome place in South Africa called the Cederberg, where I just spent a weekend with four of my very favorite people.
The Cederberg Wilderness Area is about a 2 hour drive north of Cape Town.  It has red sandstone mountains with lots of strange stones that stick up.  It reminds me a bit of the red rocks in Sedona, Arizona.

Group shot before our hike.  Too bad my camera did something weird with the sun and you can't see Rod :(

One of the many types of protea I saw





I don't even know what is going on here

This hike was called the Wolfberg Cracks, and you had to climb up all these boulders and some of them were pretty difficult.  I don't think Hananja even knows how to help me get up here, other than sit at the top and laugh at my lack of grace.

Me and Rod inside one of the cracks.  See how pretty it is?





Stefan did a little celebratory dance at the top.  Did I mention he's a rocket scientist?  Yeah, I'm friends with a South African rocket scientist.  My life really is that awesome.


You know another great thing about South Africa?  When you finish an incredible hike through one of the most beautiful places you've ever been, you get to go back to your hut and handsome boys braai for you.  Do you blame me for wanting to stay here?




I love proteas.

These are San (Bushman) cave paintings that are probably about 5,000 years old.


Oh hi Cynthia!  You're in a hole!





This is a field of canola (yes, like the oil) that we drove by on the way back to Cape Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment