Friday, July 26, 2013

When I'm Gone

Check it out:

18Aug13   12:15pm   Sunday
Air   Delta Air Lines        Flight# 4077   Class:U Seat:04-C
      From: Richmond Internationa 18Aug13   12:15pm   Sunday
      To:   Detroit Metro MI, USA 18Aug13   02:11pm   Sunday
      Meal: None Equip: CRJ-Canadair Regional Jet Status: Confirmed
      Stops: 0

18Aug13   04:00pm   Sunday
Air   Delta Air Lines        Flight# 252    Class:U Seat:33-G
      From: Detroit Metro MI, USA 18Aug13   04:00pm   Sunday
      To:   Amsterdam, Netherland 19Aug13   05:55am   Monday
      Meal:  Equip: Airbus A330 Jet Status: Confirmed
      Stops: 0

19Aug13   10:05am   Monday
Air   Delta Air Lines        Flight# 9599   Class:U Seat:26-F
      From: Amsterdam, Netherland 19Aug13   10:05am   Monday
      To:   Cape Town, South Afri 19Aug13   09:35pm   Monday
      Meal:  Equip: Boeing 777 Jet Status: Confirmed
      Stops: 0

I finished my final night of work at the hospital last week, so this week I've basically been sitting around contemplating the fact that I'm about to leave everyone I know for a year.  It's funny; since orientation, I haven't felt overwhelmed by what I'm doing.  Maybe a little anxious sometimes, but mostly in a good way.  I'm just excited to get over to Cape Town and get started!  My husband Jacob is doing really well with the fact that I'm about to leave him, or at least he was doing well until I started following him around singing "Cups" by Anna Kendrick.  'When I'm gone, when I'm gone, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone...' 

Anyway, my visa application has been sent off to the South African Embassy, and supposedly it only takes 5 days to process, so hopefully I'll have it back by the end of next week.  It was a little anxiety-provoking to stick your passport in an envelope and mail it, but the lady at the post office assures me that's what tracking numbers are for.  I've also finished all my routine appointments that I wanted to get done before I leave.  Even the dentist.  I HATE the dentist.  But I guess I have a really good excuse not to go back for a year!  Today I'm getting my travel immunizations.  I actually don't need much.  Just typhoid and possibly a Hepatitis A booster.  After today, all I'll have left to do is pack enjoy time with my family.

Speaking of family, here are some cute pictures of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment