Thursday, August 22, 2013

As promised: pictures!


My first night, one of the guys in Anhouse, the place where I am staying, decided to make cookies.  He didn't have a recipe, he just started making them.  I was really skeptical.


Lo and behold, they turned out delicious.  Sort of snickerdoodle-like, which meant of course I had to explain what a snickerdoodle is.  Also, cookies are called biscuits.  I said that in the US we have biscuits, but it means something different.  Which meant that I had to explain what a biscuit is.  Easier said than done.  I described as 'like a roll, but more buttery and fluffy'.


There was a full moon the second night I was in town.  Anhouse is on the campus of Cape Town University, which is in the Southern suburbs.  So, this is looking west from the lower slopes of Table Mountain, roughly towards Stellenbosch.  You can't see it, but there are more mountains just under the moon.


The excellent view of Table Mountain, taken from the yard of Anhouse.  It's much closer than it looks in the photo!  But still a great photo, and probably my favorite that I've taken so far.


The view from my room.


The yard


Also taken from my window


This is actually from the Amsterdam airport. There were those little things of tulips everywhere!

That's all I've got for now.  Totsiens from Cape Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment