Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I've been up to

What have I been doing with myself my last week before I leave? 











Yes, I went to the Outer Banks with Jacob for 4 nights, so we could have a little alone time before I go.  The next time I stand on a beach, it will be on another continent and a different ocean.  Today (August 14) is also our third anniversary!  We celebrated last night at our favorite restaurant in Richmond.  Jacob is very happy with his fried chicken and mac and cheese, some good old Southern cuisine:


I also have some pretty sad news.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my dog Goldielocks.  Sadly, Goldie had a malignant tumor that had to be removed.  Jacob and I opted not to run pathology on it, so we don't know if it has spread or if it is likely to return.  She is an old dog (probably at least 12), and we wouldn't want to put her through anything traumatic like chemo anyway, so we decided we didn't want to know what might happen in the future.  So, the tumor is gone, and we will pray that we never see it come back.  For now, Goldie is doing fine and enjoying the extra attention she has gotten because of her surgery.  When I say goodbye to her on Sunday, I'm going to assume it might be for the last time.  She'll be in good hands at home with her daddy, and hopefully she'll still be around next year when I get back.  But if not, I will know that she has been a very happy doggie for the last four years since we adopted her, and she has made me as happy as a mommy can be.  I love you Goldie!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri,
    I came across your name on your Church, St. John's website. I am from Zimbabwe and lived some time in South Africa, though I am now in the UK. What part of South Africa will you be going to? May the Lord bless you as you follow His leading in the mission field.

    I will pray for you as you find your feet in South Africa and I will follow your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete